The year 2023 was full of milestones for Pemmican Patty Food Company. As we reflect on what we accomplished this year, we also take a moment of gratitude for the support that helped make it all possible. We celebrate these successes together!
In 2023, Pemmican Patty:
- Placed our first 8,000-bar order: that’s 4,000 Blueberries & Sage and 4,000 Cherries & Chipotle. It felt like the big leagues but was only just the beginning. The quantity sold out in less than six months, and we placed another 8,000-bar order in the fall.
- Received an order for 6,000 bars from the Great Plains Food Bank in the spring, thanks to their commitment to source sustainable, local foods to fight hunger.
- Expanded our map! You can now find Pemmican Patty Bisonberry Blends Bars from Hawaii to Alaska, after we shipped products to more than 20 states in 2023. We proudly share our bars with 30+ retailers.
- Traveled to conferences for the American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association (AIANTA), American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES), and National Indian Education Association (NIEA). Our network of support grew with each event.
- Was featured in our first major publication, Tribal Business News. Support from other Tribal entities has been critical in our mission to preserve and protect our native culture.
And the year isn’t over!
In December, we traveled to the Intertribal Agriculture Council Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. We were grateful for the invitation to make more contacts and build new relationships, especially those with knowledge and experience of USDA programs. We know more doors will continue to open as we continue to spread our message.
I hope that we are making our relatives proud. This year, we committed to sharing a product rooted in tradition, high in nutrition, and made for adventure. I think we’ve accomplished that, and I can’t wait to share it with more relatives across Turtle Island! Here’s to your health and happy snacking.
Giga-waabamin menawaa (I shall see you again),